Bringing some creativity into our daily parenting efforts can lead to so much laughter, harmony and happiness. Sometimes it may not come so naturally or it may feel like there just isn’t enough time in our busy days. Infusing our parenting with a bit of creativity though doesn’t have to be complicated or messy.For me it might be connecting and calming down with my kids by playing a simple yoga game or inviting my son to draw a picture as a way to talk about his feelings.
**This post contains a book giveaway. Details at the end of the post.**
Recently I had the opportunity to read a wonderful parenting book by Amber Greene: Creative Parenting for Fun. I think this book is a great resource for any parent that is looking to integrate a bit more creativity and joy into their parenting journey.
Creative Parenting for Fun is very compatible with the ideas I share on positive parenting connection in that Amber is not offering a one size must fit all approach to parenting. Instead, Amber is offering hundreds of ideas and she talks about honoring balance and the needs of the whole family through out the book. Here are some of her thoughts:
I firmly believe that something will work for every child. Our challenge is to find those ‘somethings’. You might find one of those ‘somethings’ in a magazine, hear an idea from a parenting educator or a friend, be given a drop of gold by a grandparent, or read it in a book.
In here, [the Creative Parenting for Fun book] you’ll find common sense wisdom and a whole lot of practical, fun things to try with your little ones. Some secrets will work for you, some won’t. There is no magic formula, a one-size fits all solution, but it’s a comprehensive collection to search. Best of all, these things will help you to have more fun and to live in harmony with your children.
In the book, Amber is talking about ways creativity can play a role in:
-creating daily rhythms (similar to a routine but with gentle flexibility)
-inviting cooperation with magical language
-cutting down screen time (in a non guilt inducing way)
-self-care for parents
-chores for children to do around the house
-handling common fears
The book also has helpful tables with information, songs, templates and pictures and it really is a wonderful resource packed full of information on common parenting topics. Amber has years of experience working with children and her writing is friendly and welcoming. Here is another quote from her:
Little moments of creative thinking and action help the children to make positive choices that help our days to run more smoothly. A win-win for parents and children.
So, if you are interested in this great resource, author Amber Greene is offering three of the positive parenting connection readers a copy of her book as a gift! Details:
- No purchase necessary
- Answer one question in the comments to enter.
- Open worldwide / This is an Electronic product for download / No items will be shipped.
- Opening date and scheduled closing for entries: Friday 18th of October 2013 and close Monday October 21st 2013 at 22:00 (GMT)
- Amber Greene is the Author of Creative Parenting for Fun has offered three copies of her book and will be emailing winners directly details on how to claim their gift copy.
- I received a complimentary copy of Creative Parenting for Fun. The opinions in this review are my own.
- Creative Parenting for Fun retails on Amber Greene’s website ParentingFunEveryday for $29 USD/$30 AUD
- Winners will be announced first on the Positive Parenting Connection Facebook Page (join us, it’s a great community of positive parents!) Later, names will be posted in comments and emailed as well.
- Selection of winners will be random using random.org
Entry questions (choose any one to answer):
-In what ways have you been creative in your daily parenting?
-Why do you want more creativity in your parenting?
-What is one of your parenting challenges at the moment?
Or simply complete this sentence: I would like to have this book because….
The Giveaway is Closed.
The Winners are: Amy P., Rebecca & Dave.