This week I was totally inspired by the Nurturestore’s “Let’s play dough book” and came up with these funny feathery turkeys made out of a chocolate tinted salt dough.
1. Whip up a batch of traditional salt dough (2cups flour,1 cup salt, 1cup water) Set half of dough aside for another project.
4. Divide dough into tennis ball sized chunks and then roll to smooth.
5. Create a turkey body shape from the dough.
6. Stick feathers into dough to create a colorful tail
7. Press googly eyes into dough
8. Add a beak (we used yellow straw) and a wattle with red feather.
9. Wait for dough to dry ( may take up to 3 days to be fully dried)
10. TA-daaa! Feathery Turkeys!
This post was linked at the Play Academy Check it out for more great ideas!!
Share and Enjoy
Latest posts by Ariadne Brill (see all)
- Rethinking Punishment: 3 Steps that Help Children Change Unacceptable Behaviors - March 4, 2014
- Positive Parenting: Better Behavior Without Punishment Is Possible - February 6, 2014
- The Words to Say When Children are Disappointed - January 21, 2014